[OTR-users] Bug with long messages being silently dropped

Doug Breaux breaux at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 30 13:27:26 EDT 2012

I've seen and reported this in the past. For me and my colleague, it
always happens on our Yahoo connection but not on our Google one. We
were asked to reduce some message size setting in a configuration file
until the problem ceased, but we never found a value that worked every time.

See
http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2012-June/002036.html

On 10/30/2012 11:18 AM, Tigz Q Mordan wrote:
> When I try to send a message over a certain length (basically one and a
> half lines on my screen), the message is silently discarded. Not sent,
> no message warning me it was too long, nothing. This happens with all my
> accounts and people sending messages to me also notice this issue as
> well. It is of course kind of hard to hold a conversation when you have
> no idea if the other party's seen all your messages. Is there any way to
> automatically split them into multiple messages - or at the very least
> notify that the message wasn't sent, please?

Doug