[OTR-users] Bug with long messages being silently dropped

Tigz Q Mordan Tigz at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 12:18:44 EDT 2012

When I try to send a message over a certain length (basically one and a
half lines on my screen), the message is silently discarded. Not sent,
no message warning me it was too long, nothing. This happens with all my
accounts and people sending messages to me also notice this issue as
well. It is of course kind of hard to hold a conversation when you have
no idea if the other party's seen all your messages. Is there any way to
automatically split them into multiple messages - or at the very least
notify that the message wasn't sent, please?