[OTR-users] Bug with long messages being silently dropped

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Oct 30 21:12:39 EDT 2012

OK, let's figure this out.  Tigz, what IM protocol are you using?  Is it
also yahoo?  Indeed, OTR is *supposed* to be automatically splitting the
messages.  If it's not working, something is wrong.

Doug, is there a way you can capture the OTR messages coming in and out
of each side, say with Wireshark?  (I don't know if Yahoo uses TLS
between pidgin and the IM server; if so, you may need to turn it off
temporarily.  Alternately, I can try to build you a special version of
pidgin-otr that dumps all incoming and outgoing (OTR-encrypted) messages
to stdout or a file or something.

   - Ian