[OTR-users] OTR and Portable Pidgin Fatal Errors

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Nov 13 20:30:42 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 04:07:16PM -0500, [|-RJ-|] wrote:
> Recently I have been encountering a major problem with pidgin portable. This
> problem is complete software shutdown when receiving sending a files via
> AIM.

Hmm.  Thanks for the report.  The debugging you attach, however, doesn't
appear to involve file transfers at all.  Do file transfers fail for you
regardless of the OTR button visibility?  Can you debug what happens
when you attempt a file transfer?

Note: at this time, file transfers are *not* encrypted.  It's in the
queue, though...