[OTR-users] I can't read my own encrypted Pidgin messages

Dave E otrs at exby.com
Thu Feb 26 08:36:00 EST 2009

I've been having a problem recently. Here is my system info:

OS: Fedora release 10 (Cambridge),  2.6.27.15-170.2.24.fc10.i686 #1 SMP
Pidgin: 2.5.4-1.fc10
OTRS: 3.2.0

When communicating with individuals who have verified me and I them - I
cannot read my own messages in the message window after I send to them. The
message looks like if you try to read an encrypted message without OTRS.

I can read my buddies IMs just fine, and they can see mine, but as for me
seeing my own - doesn't work. I had this same issue on another machine with
very similar specs to the ones above. This machine is a brand new
installation and it actually *worked* when I first installed pidgin, and
otrs. Then after a reboot, I believe, is where I started having this
problem.

Any direction/suggestions would be much appreciated...this is a pretty
sizable pain. Thanks.

DE