[OTR-users] Pidgin and OTR install guide

Ananda Samaddar ananda.samaddar at vfemail.net
Wed Feb 25 06:01:10 EST 2009

I'm working on a Pidgin and OTR user guide.  This is being written in
LyX and has screenshots.  I'm hoping that this can become an 'official'
guide as the docs on the OTR site are inadequate and out of date in my
opinion.

I will let you know when it's finished and hopefully you can modify it
and upload it to the OTR site.  Because I'm using LyX it can easily be
converted to LaTeX or html.

I believe Richard Stallman when he says that free software is useless
without good free documentation.  Also since I live in one of the most
surveillance happy country in the world - the UK - I'd like to see
widespread use of privacy technologies. I'll probably put my efforts in
to the public domain so it can be used for any purpose.

I'd like to hear the OTR maintainers' thoughts on these issues.

thanks,

Ananda Samaddar