[OTR-users] [otr-users] Communication with Pidgin to Miranda (or others) has encoding problemes

Jonathan Schleifer js-otrim at webkeks.org
Mon Feb 23 20:30:43 EST 2009

Am 23.02.2009 um 21:26 schrieb Rüdiger Kuhlmann:

> That may be true, but the README[1] specifically says that the text
> to be
> encrypted is what ever format the protocol specified (there is no
> "convert
> to XMPP-IM format" or anything like that), and since XMPP quite
> clearly
> specifies that the body part contains plain text in UTF-8 (and not
> any HTML
> markup), the text (that is then encrypted) put into the body tag may
> not
> contain markup.

Then you still got the problem that you get error strings from libotr
containing markups. libotr's error handling is really the worst I can
imagine. Basically, the client does not really know anything about the
errors and just gets an HTML message telling the user what went wrong.
Horrible!

--
Jonathan