[OTR-users] [otr-users] Communication with Pidgin to Miranda (or others) has encoding problemes

Rainer rainercg at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 24 07:03:46 EST 2009

Hello!

I found a solution in otr-dev mailing list:
http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-dev/2009-January/000985.html

The patch applied to otr-plugin.c leads to correct order, first striping
HTML to plain text, then encrypting it. At least this is what it seems to me
because Miranda displays the correct content. No more HTML entities, no <br>
instead of a new line. :)

My only "problem" is that my improved pidgin-otr.dll is about 2500KB in
size, whereas the original one is 413KB. But that's another story... (if
someone knows a solution, please e-mail me directly)

Thanks for helping and maybe there's a pidgin-otr 3.2.1 in the future. ;)

Bye,
Rainer Grabbe