[OTR-users] pidgin-otr: passphrase private key and sign public keys

Julian Dibbelt jdibbelt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 14:24:03 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I just recently installed OTR via the pidgin plugin but quickly
realized that neither is my private key stored encrypted on the disk
nor has the list of public keys of my friends been signed with my
private key.

Is that just missing from pidgin-otr? Is that feature on the roadmap?

Thanks,

  Julian

PS: I know that these two features wouldn't increase security much
against an attacker who has the time and means. Still, /etc/shadow had
been introduced for a reason.