[OTR-users] Problematic OTR behavior

Jason Wittlin-Cohen jwittlincohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 17:21:31 EST 2008

Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 09:54:12AM -0500, Jason Wittlin-Cohen wrote:
>
>> Huh. This is very odd. The message source in Thunderbird shows the entire
>> message but it's clearly getting truncated on the list archive. Perhaps
>> sending from GMail will work-
>>

> Actually, I saw your reply text on all three, using  1.4.2.3i on FreeBSD.
>
> Perhaps you just overlooked your reply text on the first copy because it
> was lost at the end of the incredibly huge, and largely unnecessary full
> quote of the preceding email.

Sorry about that. I will be more sparing in the future when I quote text.
> Maybe you're viewing HTML emails, and your mail client is hiding your
> response for some reason.he

No, I *can* see the message in Thunderbird. It's the OTR users archive
that appears to truncate the messages.
> It may be some other reason entirely, but regardless, I saw the reply
> text even if you did not.

At the time I wasn't receiving messages from the mailing list. I thought
this was due to the fact that the messages were sent by me but in fact,
I simply had e-mail delivery disabled in the settings. Therefore I was
going off of the otr-users archive - not my mailbox. I was able to view
every e-mail I sent properly in Thunderbird.

For example, here's my first reply:
http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2008-December/001563.html
And the second:
http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2008-December/001566.html

The first cuts of all but the quoted part, and the second cuts off the
second paragraph.