[OTR-users] Problematic OTR behavior

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Dec 23 18:23:53 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 05:21:31PM -0500, Jason Wittlin-Cohen wrote:
> At the time I wasn't receiving messages from the mailing list. I thought
> this was due to the fact that the messages were sent by me but in fact,
> I simply had e-mail delivery disabled in the settings. Therefore I was
> going off of the otr-users archive - not my mailbox. I was able to view
> every e-mail I sent properly in Thunderbird.

Ah -- I wasn't clear on that.  I don't know if I didn't read your email
closely enough, or if you weren't entirely clear on that fact, or if it
was a combination of the two.  I'm glad you cleared it up, in any case,
and apologize for my confusion.

> For example, here's my first reply:
> http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2008-December/001563.html
> And the second:
> http://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-users/2008-December/001566.html
>
> The first cuts of all but the quoted part, and the second cuts off the
> second paragraph.

That's pretty weird.  I have no idea why that would be happening.  Maybe
there's some kind of spam filtering going on that's misbehaving -- but
only after the emails are sent out to the list.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Henry Spencer: "Those who don't understand Unix are doomed to