[OTR-users] Gaim/Pidgin Crashes, when closing window after talking to 2 Grouped Userids.

ben k bean62 at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 15:04:07 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I use Gaim 2.0.0beta6 and my bro' uses Pidgin, both with OTR.  Both of us have this issue, not sure if it's Pidgin/Gaim or OTR but thought I'd ask.  We are using multiple IM systems, Yahoo/Google Talk/AIM/MSN.  We exist multiple times on each others' buddy lists due to this.  I have him "grouped" on my buddy list.  When I talk to him on Yahoo, an OTR button is there.  If I then switch to Google talk without closing the conversation window, a second OTR button is there.  From this point, if I've established two private sessions to the same person (via different IM systems), and I attempt to close the conversation window, Gaim crashes (as does Pidgin for him if he tries it).

This is a minor annoyance but I thought I'd share since it's easy to recreate the issue.

Thanks for the great OTR plugin, I use it daily.

thx,
-ben