[OTR-users] Sources for GAIM 2.0 beta 6?

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Feb 21 11:08:58 EST 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> > If i rn autoreconf from CVS, I get:
> >
> > [paul at bofh gaim-otr]$     autoreconf -s -i
> > aclocal:configure.ac:15: warning: macro `AM_DISABLE_STATIC' not found in library
> > aclocal:configure.ac:16: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
> > configure.ac:15: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_DISABLE_STATIC
> >       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
> >       See the Autoconf documentation.
> > configure.ac:16: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
> > autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
> >
> > So it seems like CVS needs more fixing with its configure script. But I have
> > no time to look into this right now :(
>
> What version of autoconf / automake do you have?  I'm using autoconf 2.59
> and automake 1.4-p6, and they work without errors.

This was a missing libtools package. So my error. The error I meant to report was
something about READLINE being used without some GNU READLINE configure option,
but I don't know on which machine I ran into that issue, obviously not the one
from the above error.

I"ll post when i run into it again.

Paul