[OTR-users] Pidgin can't find OTR plugin...

Chakat Sandwalker sandwalker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:24:40 EDT 2007

I run Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (7.04), with Pidgin 2.10, and I can/not/ figure
out how to get the OTR plugin working.  I even reinstalled Pidgin to its
default location (/usr/local/bin I think), and the plugin to its default
location.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong; I don't get any errors in
compiling (well, I didn't after I moved Pidgin).  Does the plugin have
to be installed in a particular place for Pidgin to recognise it?  If
so, where?  I gave up after nearly an hour of trying.  -.-  Hopefully
someone here can make sense of this.  I'm not a newbie to compiling from
source, but when the instructions aren't very specific, it's frustrating.

Sandy