[OTR-users] Does OTR violate AIM TOS?

Ryan Pollock pollockr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:07:11 EDT 2007

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the reply.  I did read the TOS but I never get all that legalese
thats in there.  It turns out that the reason my account was suspended was a
complicated situation having to do with my account being linked to my
father's "Master Account" from when I first got it.  I had forgotten that it
wasn't just a free instant message account because I'd had it so long.  He
had some sort of trojan that violated the TOS and thus I got yanked to.

That TOS is definitely scary though and has spurred me from switching off of
AIM.  I realized that I'm relying way to much on a service that is not
reliable.  Thanks again for your reply, sorry for doubting that OTR was
responsible!

-Ryan