[OTR-users] Has anyone else had a problem with seeing their own messages as OTR encrypted strings ?

rapidset rapidset0 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 26 10:26:45 EST 2006

In a private chat I keep seeing my own replies encrypted (prefixed with
?OTR:), is this a known issue ?
I get it on both the recent beta5 release and a nightly build from
http://geddeth.dk/downloads/gaim/

It looks something like this ....
(12:11:56 PM) *Person1:*
?OTR:AAIDAAAAAAQAAAAEAAAAwPUktQ0hIojhMyhGG87T9Y3vzS7Zam521l/FVw62p1HBUCe7hABYzXbTgE/mOejUi7YrSgJRyGPnmZGUv0PFDnO3JOwy3Cd3lkpn1m/2idXx/rv4EI3uII1wnfl12DUmV4mrhM1k18secwBkKLVjNPwBmVER+6kHJHm5M/mFfJ5NYbHoJRfggQfrC5ONGfaH8t1kBrrcEiSn02qViOIdcwPH7utMoLj0kNfVgkreVJHyUCyguaNleSOCbX7CsHR8bAAAAAAAAAABAAAAB94J2ExbvoUnMpG8NelzBcB39pvIEJt+5qaybgAAABRi43mVcmH6hxWsQUeDTla+wppy/g==.
(12:11:58 PM) *Person 2:* surely not.

Also OTR doesn't seem to recognise if I have dropped out of crypted chat
and communicate that to the other end, this would of course be a nice to
have
It would also be nice if OTR continued decrypting the received messages,
just because I dropped out of private chat mode shouldn't preclude me
from seeing the unencrypted text