[OTR-users] gaim-otr and otrproxy beta 2

CLAY SHENTRUP CLAY at BROKENLADDER.COM
Thu Oct 27 14:26:54 EDT 2005

Okay, but I'm still curious about the "finished" state. I'm trying to
understand how it's different, behaviorally, than unencrypted. Could one say
that it is essentially like being unencrypted, but have "require encryption"
turned on, so that a new message isn't sent until the session has been
refreshed?

I am indeed against it. I'd like to add a (green) checkmark and a
> (yellow) question mark to those two images. But my image-manipulation
> skills aren't so great. Anyone?

> Also, the unencrypted state shows multiple people, as if to indicate a
> > "conference" or something like that. Very confusing, especially for
> someone
> > not that technically inclined, or familiar with OTR.
>
> In fact, it indicates "public". But "conference" isn't far off; if you
> send a message in that state, there are a whole bunch of people that can
> read it.

Could potentially read it, but aren't necessarily. I think multiple people
icons gives the impression that multiple people _are_ involved in the
conversation. I'm trying to put myself into the mindset of a typical (dumb)
computer user here.

Okay, as for the configurable icons, I officially give up on that. I take it
there is no resource editor like the one I was hoping for.

Does this new beta have what you consider to be the final version of OTR for
the time being. That is, there are no more changes planned in the actual
protocol for the time being, and any known security holes have been
addressed?

Clay