[OTR-users] gaim-otr and otrproxy beta 2

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Oct 27 14:01:45 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 10:49:29AM -0700, CLAY SHENTRUP wrote:
> Ian,
>
> You said you were against the idea of "greyscaling" the image to
> differentiate two states, since there are colorblind people out there. But
> when I deverify someone, the little gaim icon just turns grey.

I am indeed against it.  I'd like to add a (green) checkmark and a
(yellow) question mark to those two images.  But my image-manipulation
skills aren't so great.  Anyone?

> Also, the unencrypted state shows multiple people, as if to indicate a
> "conference" or something like that. Very confusing, especially for someone
> not that technically inclined, or familiar with OTR.

In fact, it indicates "public".  But "conference" isn't far off; if you
send a message in that state, there are a whole bunch of people that can
read it.

> Is there any sort of resource editor in Windows that lets you edit a dll's
> images? There was in BeOS I remember. If anyone knows an easy way to edit
> these things, please let me know so I can change the images and send them to
> my friends.

Probably not in this case, since the windows build is a cross-compile,
and doesn't use external resources.  Moreover, having the icons be in
separate files is fraught with potential packaging / installation
problems.  I'd much prefer (at least for now) to keep it all in one file.