[OTR-users] gaim-otr and otrproxy beta 2

CLAY SHENTRUP CLAY at BROKENLADDER.COM
Thu Oct 27 13:49:29 EDT 2005

Ian,

You said you were against the idea of "greyscaling" the image to
differentiate two states, since there are colorblind people out there. But
when I deverify someone, the little gaim icon just turns grey.

Also, the unencrypted state shows multiple people, as if to indicate a
"conference" or something like that. Very confusing, especially for someone
not that technically inclined, or familiar with OTR.

Is there any sort of resource editor in Windows that lets you edit a dll's
images? There was in BeOS I remember. If anyone knows an easy way to edit
these things, please let me know so I can change the images and send them to
my friends.

Thanks,
Clay

On 10/27/05, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:

> OK, here's beta 2. There are new icons in this one; let me know what
> you think.
>
> *Note*: the version 2 Data Message format has changed slightly. So if
> you downloaded beta1, you need to get beta2 ASAP, or you won't be able
> to talk to OTR version 2 people.
>
> http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/gaim-otr-3.0.0beta2-win32.zip
> http://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/otrproxy-0.3.1beta2-win32.zip
>
> - Ian

XEROX COLOR LASER PRINTERS PRINT A SERIES OF SECRET DOTS
ON EVERY PAGE THAT IDENTIFY THE TIME AND DATE YOU PRINTED A
DOCUMENT PLUS THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE PRINTER YOU USED.