[OTR-users] Opinions on proposed "unknown fingerprint" behaviour?

Nikita Borisov nikitab at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:25:27 EDT 2005

On 5/19/05, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:

> - The "private connection established" dialog goes away (or is made
> optional), but the fingerprint and secure session id that are in there
> now must still be accessible somehow (clicking the "OTR: Private"
> button, maybe?).

I think we should make the dialog go away, or at least replace it with some
sort of inline display. I really like the way Adium handles that: it
displays a message "Encrypted OTR chat initiated" inside the conversation
window. Is there any hope of doing something like that under Gaim? It makes
OTR so much nicer to use.

- Nikita