[OTR-users] compiled plugin, how do I add it to gaim?

Jason Cohen jcohen07 at brandeis.edu
Sat Jul 9 16:13:48 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 14:31 -0400, Brian Wiese wrote:

> problem now... is I got libotr[1] and otr[2] and did..
> ./configure && make && make install  -- for both successfully as root
> (no config options)

Did you do sudo make install? make install must be run as the
administrative/root user. Since Ubuntu has no root user you must either
run the command with sudo or type sudo -s to get a root shell.

./configure && make && sudo make install

Also, if you're interested in building debs, you can easily backport
gaim-otr from breezy. I wrote instructions how to do this on the forum.
See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=40544&highlight=gaim-otr .
Read the last post.