[OTR-users] compiled plugin, how do I add it to gaim?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Jul 9 14:31:36 EDT 2005

--- background --- I'm running ubuntu hoary, and unfortunately I did not
find any .deb packages on the download page for OTR (just source and
fedora), though there is documentation about howto install the deb
packages.  Another issue, is I added debian unstable to my sources.list,
but on 'apt-get update' it complained there was no GPG key for that
source.  (off topic, but does anyone know how to disable that check -- I
thought there was an additional gpg-apt package installed somewhere)

My problem now... is I got libotr[1] and otr[2] and did..
./configure && make && make install  -- for both successfully as root
(no config options)

Where is my plugin at?  How do I add it to gaim?  It did not just 'show
up' on the plugins list in gaim (after restart even).  Do I need to move
the file to a certain directory? (I didn't see plugins/ in ~/.gaim or
/etc/gaim)

Thanks in advance!

Brian (aim: unolinuxguru, jabber: bwiese at jabber.org)

[1] http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/libotr-2.0.2.tar.gz
[2] http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/gaim-otr-2.0.2.tar.gz
--

bwiese[at]cotse.com | brianwiese.net | 402.297.9392
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Gladiator