[OTR-dev] OTR version 4 Draft

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Sat Dec 17 12:55:00 EST 2016

Ola Bini:
> Take it as you want - this is not official in any way - although we
> hope it will be official once we people have looked it over and given
> thoughts and comments about the work.

Thanks for your work!
I agree with Paul here, using "OTRv4" for protocol name that is not
actually an OTR one is a bit confusing. If you have plans for "merging"
this spec upstream it's better to go under some temporal codename for
it. It will prevent situations like "Do you mean OTRv4 by STRIKE or
official one?"/"I read official specs and going to use OTRv4
implementation by STRIKE team in my project"/etc.

--
Ivan Markin