[OTR-dev] OTR version 4 Draft

Ola Bini list at olabini.se
Sat Dec 17 05:53:08 EST 2016

Hi Paul,

My name is Ola Bini - I am part of the STRIKE team that has done this
work.

> So I am very confused about this specification. This is your version of
> what you would like to be otrv4, but you are not the OTR team, so this
> is not anything "official" ?

You are correct, we are not the OTR team. We are a team of people that
have had bandwidth to work on OTR in different capacities (including
creating a production ready OTRv3 implementation in Golang).

We started talking about creating a new specification for OTRv4 back
in the beginning of March at the IFF - you can see the report and
discussion about that starting here:
  https://lists.cypherpunks.ca/pipermail/otr-dev/2016-March/002447.html

Take it as you want - this is not official in any way - although we
hope it will be official once we people have looked it over and given
thoughts and comments about the work.

As you can see in the above thread, the thoughts and ideas in the spec
goes back to lots of discussions with the core OTR team.

Hope that clarifies things.

Cheers
--
 Ola Bini (https://olabini.se)