[OTR-dev] OTR support for Gajim

Jonathan Schleifer js-otrim at webkeks.org
Thu Aug 18 16:12:36 EDT 2011

Am 18.08.2011 um 14:42 schrieb Sven Moritz Hallberg:

> overall, to my gut it sounds i bit
> like he expected a three-line drop-in that would just magically work for
> the developer. and you're just not going to get that if the software
> you're talking about is security software that is trying hard to
> automagically work for the *user*.

Actually, exactly the opposite is the case, if you look at the commit. There was a lot of code, but libotr just wants to be that three-line drop in, so you lose a lot of flexibility which you need to properly support XMPP with all it's features.

I'm especially astonished to hear that it works in bitlbee without any effort, as there is no HTML parsing in bitlbee. Or is the implementation for bitlbee one of those where you suddenly see HTML as soon as something goes wrong?

--
Jonathan