[OTR-dev] Chatzilla and/or Javascript library?

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Sun Feb 21 18:08:53 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 02:08:54PM +0000, TJ wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a chatzilla plug-in for OTR or a Javascript
> library that could be modified to support chatzilla?
>
> My reason for asking is that I'm currently developing a cross-platform
> private social networking application.
>
> I chose to use Mozilla/Firefox as the base since its XPCOM makes it
> relatively easy (after the XPCOM learning curve!) to develop a single
> source-code solution for GNU/Linux, OS-X, and Windows without requiring
> native libraries.

A Javascript port of libotr would be very useful.  I imagine someone
could plug it into the web-based GTalk for some added coolness.  There
are certainly Javascript crypto and bignum libraries you could use to
start with.

My suggestion is to do what we did for the Java port: work from the
spec, but check out the C version if something's unclear.  Of course,
now you could choose to look at either the C or the Java version.  ;-)