[OTR-dev] gaim-otr art

Len Sassaman rabbi at abditum.com
Thu Mar 22 14:26:19 EDT 2007

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Paul Wouters wrote:

> buttons are very carefully chosen. Grey means "we don't know for sure
> who this is", multiple grey people mean "others you dont know might read
> this". The one yellow coloured person means "only this known verified
> person can read this".  Those images can not be replaced by other imagery
> without discussion on whether the new images still clearly convey that
> message.

Hi Paul,

Pardon me if this is answered somewhere in the archives; I couldn't find
it. Were these icon decisions made based on any prior HCI work in this
area, or was this a design decision of the OTR time? If the former, could
you point me at it? (If the latter, could you point me at the best
summary of the rationale behind it, and any alternatives considered?)

Thanks,

Len