[OTR-dev] gaim-otr art

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Mar 22 22:39:44 EDT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Len Sassaman wrote:

> Pardon me if this is answered somewhere in the archives; I couldn't find
> it. Were these icon decisions made based on any prior HCI work in this
> area, or was this a design decision of the OTR time? If the former, could
> you point me at it? (If the latter, could you point me at the best
> summary of the rationale behind it, and any alternatives considered?)

Most of the discussion happened on the list, as far as I remember. Some
might have come from face to face meetings. In the end, I think Kat and
Ian made the final decisions on the icons.

What keeps reoccuring though is people asking for a padlock, and other
people saying the padlock just cannot convey the message.

Paul