[OTR-dev] 1.99.0 up for banging on

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Feb 3 09:36:10 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 03:22:14PM +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:
> I got that notification message too on my linux machine, when i logged on
> to my windows machine, but it still seemed to have a chat window with you
> open I could use? I am not sure if I can reproduce this.
>
> Perhaps it is different because I had a different OS, and the resource
> changes?

With different resources, I can get the (expected) Malformed Data
Message errors if I try to have two different clients (with different
resources) privately talking to the same user at the same time.  [That
user's OTR client can only know about one OTR key, so it necessarily
gets it wrong sometimes.]

But I can't get it to crash gaim.  Did you see gaim crash, or just log
you out of your Jabber account (which is normal, if you've got the same
resource)?