[OTR-dev] Re: [OTR-announce] gaim-otr 0.9.0 is now online

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Nov 30 19:24:03 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Ian Goldberg wrote:

>> - added 'cd tools ; make' to the build process in spec file.
>
> I don't see why this is needed; the top-level make should descend.

You are right. I think the confusion came from both already getting the
binaries in the main directory, as well as 'make clean' not cleaning them.
It made them rather weird unknown files, and I didn't pay close attention
to the Makefile. I have removed it again.

btw. I really think you shouldn't ship a source tar.gz with binaries.

> jbash just had an issue of otr not working with too-old (pre-2.4) gtk
> libraries.  Can you add the appropriate Requires: ?  [0.9.0 actually
> uses a feature that wasn't added until gtk+-2.4 (popups don't get
> keyboard focus).]

I added that.

One thing I forgot to say. I am using .tar.gz and not .tgz in all my
references, and have to rename the .tgz in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES into
.tar.gz. Is there a reason why you use tgz instead of .tar.gz?

Released as gaim-otr-0.9.0-2

Paul