[OTR-dev] Re: [OTR-announce] gaim-otr 0.9.0 is now online

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Nov 30 19:02:13 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 12:46:07AM +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:
> Unless you were using rpm -Uhv gaim-otr-0.9.0.i386.rpm :)

Cool.  :-)

> Issues I found:
> - missing 'Obsoletes: otr-plugin' line in packaging/fedora/gaim-otr.spec
> - new unknown binaries that have no built target nor get cleaned:
>    /usr/bin/otr_mackey
>    /usr/bin/otr_modify
>    /usr/bin/otr_parse
>    /usr/bin/otr_readforge
>    /usr/bin/otr_remac
>    /usr/bin/otr_sesskeys
> I see, there is a tools directory now.  there is a makefile target there.
>   (nikita would fix this)
> no clean target.

The top-level Makefile descends into each of the directories, including
tools.  And there *is* a clean target in each one.

> - added 'cd tools ; make' to the build process in spec file.

I don't see why this is needed; the top-level make should descend.

> - unpackaged file errors because %doc files were installed with install,
>   causing them to have double installations (%doc target means automaticly
>   put it in /usr/share/doc/packagename/)
> - unpackaged tools/ files now get mentioned in %files section

Great.  That's what I get for editing a file format I know next to
nothing about.  Thanks!  :-)

>   Requires: gaim >= 1.0.0, libgcrypt >= 1.2.0

jbash just had an issue of otr not working with too-old (pre-2.4) gtk
libraries.  Can you add the appropriate Requires: ?  [0.9.0 actually
uses a feature that wasn't added until gtk+-2.4 (popups don't get
keyboard focus).]

> ***************
>   %{__make} \
>     GAIM_SOURCE="/usr/include/gaim" \
>     all
> + cd tools
> + %{__make} \
> +   GAIM_SOURCE="/usr/include/gaim" \
> +   all

As I said, I don't understand why you needed to do this.