[OTR-users] Current Windows OTR Build Installer is broken on Win7

countrygeek at Safe-mail.net countrygeek at Safe-mail.net
Wed Sep 3 22:36:17 EDT 2014

Hello,
When using the latest Pidgin 2.10.8 on Windows 7 x64 and the latest OTR Win32 installer for pidgin-otr 4.0.0-1, the installation fails with unable to find plugin folder, permission errors, etc.

I was able to reproduce on 3 separate computers. The only work around being using the zip file which currently is missing from your website as a download option. I got lucky and found it via a search:
https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/binaries/windows/pidgin-otr-4.0.0-1.zip

Then manually copying the plugin to the plugins directory worked.

I'd recommend updating the installer and providing the zip as an alternative download option on this page: https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/#downloads

Thanks guys, keep up the great work!