[OTR-users] using TOR + socks with OTR + Pidgin

e-letter inpost at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 11:57:54 EST 2014

> Actually. I wouldn't recommend using Pidgin with 'usewithtor'. The
> latest versions of Pidgin has a very specific functionality build in to
> handle DNS leaks over Tor! As can be seen in this screenshot I took:
> http://i.imgur.com/trUwsi9.png

What are the sign-in credentials? Using tor (started manually via the
command terminal) version 2126, the software states that it should not
be relied upon for strong anonymity (decided that this is acceptable
for average user web browsing. Therefore it is not known what sign-in
to use (and a tor onion address is also unknown!)

> If you want to connect to a hidden service, for example the
> jabber.ccc.de hidden service I use the following configuration:
> http://i.imgur.com/33lsZEY.png

So you suggest users register to use these hidden services?