[OTR-users] Pretty-please standardize OTR signature storage, per OS.

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Sep 10 14:06:05 EDT 2013

On 09/10/2013 01:48 PM, subharo at hushmail.com wrote:

> 1) How would you feel about releasing it under, say GPL v2
> licensing?  That would be my first choice.

please use GPLv2+, not just GPLv2.  making your code compatible with
future free software is important.

> I especially suggest Debian, because today's most popular Linux
> distros (Linux Mint, *buntu, Elementary OS, etc) are downstream
> from Debian.  IMHO, the best hope for this project, would be that
> an official Debian Developer would eventually come along (which I'm
> not), and help this software become a proper Debian package,
> eventually making its way into Debian main, with all the necessary
> dependencies getting sorted out along the way.

In addition to already working on the monkeysphere, I am a debian
developer.  If someone builds a tool like this for OTR, I am happy to
help them package it for debian and to sponsor uploads of reasonable
packages.

Regards,

	--dkg