[OTR-users] PGP integration?

Ximin Luo infinity0 at gmx.com
Mon Jun 24 05:35:28 EDT 2013

On 23/06/13 23:16, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On 06/22/2013 08:28 AM, Ximin Luo wrote:
>
>> (re-visiting this issue)
>>
>> 1. Unfortunately if I sign my OTR key (a file) using my PGP key in the usual
>> way, this creates a non-revocable signature using the "S" ability of the key.
>>
>> What we really want is to create revocable certification of the OTR key using
>> the "C" ability of the key, which is the same thing that's done when signing
>> other people's keys (as opposed to files).
>
> I think this question is at least as much of an OpenPGP issue as it is
> an OTR issue.
>
> you might be interested in the recent discussion on the IETF's OpenPGP
> mailing list about this:
>
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.openpgp/7333

Thanks, that was informative. :) Although from that thread, it sounds like your
original question was answered - i.e. mark the OTR subkey as "A"-use and add a
critical notation onto it.

Has there been any progress made in developing a specific tool for this? The
GPG CLI at least doesn't let you create key-pairs with specific values, so I'm
not sure how I would go about adding my OTR key into my PGP key.