[OTR-users] OTR apps using keyrings/wallets?

Greg Grossmeier greg at grossmeier.net
Sun Jul 21 00:35:00 EDT 2013

[Sorry if this has been asked before, the only reference I could find on
this list about "key rings" (or "keyring") was one about extracting
one's gpg WOT and auto-trusting people in the web. This ain't that idea.
:-) ]

Wish: Boy it'd be great if pidgin-otr and jitsi's OTR (whatever it uses)
used the same backend/db for storing your keys/fps. We have this
generalized framework of keyrings, why not use them?

Problem: I'm a user of multiple IM apps, depending on need. Doesn't make
sense to generate a new OTR key for each app since I'm (re)using the
same ID (my email, which is my jabber id). If I had to, it would make
the job of (re)authenticating with people so much harder.

Apologies: Has this been discussed before? What am I missing? Why am I
wrong? If it is just "patches welcome" well, we'll see :-).

Thanks!

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| http://grossmeier.net           A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |