[OTR-users] hello (I'm new to this list)

Samuel Carlisle samuelcarlisle at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 03:49:08 EDT 2013

Jurre, it appears that the central point of your argument is that Xabber is
closed-source. Have I understood that correctly? In which case, from
reading this post from
http://blog.xabber.com/2013/02/question-concerning-pull-requests.html in
which the author says "So far, we own all rights to all published code, so
while releasing it to public under GNU GPLv3 license we still can
distribute this code under any license we like."

Also by looking at the full app source code
https://github.com/redsolution/xabber-android/ and the LICENSE file
https://github.com/redsolution/xabber-android/blob/master/LICENSE I have
understood that Xabber is released under GPLv3. Is this incorrect?

Which android app you might suggest as an alternative?
Is Gibberbot less buggy these days?

In any case I am glad to hear that this means you are submitting a pull
request or opening an issue, myself or one of the other guys will be glad
to review it so thanks for collaborating and the feedback is very welcome.

Kind Regards,

samthetechie

twitter: @samthetechie <https://twitter.com/#!/samthetechie>