[OTR-users] pidgin-otr and libotr 4.0.0 and libotr3 3.2.1 rpms available

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Sep 5 16:59:52 EDT 2012

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, Brian Morrison wrote:

>> Fedora updates will happen slowly over the next few weeks, as libotr3
>> has to get reviewd and accepted, and new packages are not allowed for
>> fedora18 now as it is in freeze.
>>
>> Note the libotr3 package is also available for older applications at
>> the above url.
>
> Hi Paul, thanks for these updates.
>
> Is there any easy way to update them in F17? I downloaded the rpms
> but trying to update at present gives conflicts between include and .pc
> files in libotr-devel-4.0.0 and libotr3-devel-3.2.1

If you want these for F17 and are recompiling the srpms, do not install
libotr3-devel, unless you need to re-compile old otr clients (which I
don't think you want to do, currently only pidgin-otr supports version
4)

So compile/install libotr-4 and libotr-devel-4 and then
recompile/install pidgin-otr-4.

Paul