[OTR-users] libotr/pidgin-otr 4.0.0 "beta2" release and win32 build

Doug Breaux breaux at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 27 18:04:59 EDT 2012

Do we both have to set the setting, or just the sender? I created
otr.mms in my 64-bit Windows7 AppData\Roaming\.purple directory, alongside
otr.private_key, otr.fingerprints, otr.instance_tags.

I set the content to

prpl-yahoo<tab>750<newline>

(yes, using the tab and newline special characters).

and large messages were still dropped. Then I jumped all the way down to
450, and that didn't change the behavior either.

So that's making me wonder if the setting is being picked up at all. I
swear this seems like the same thing that happened when I tried to debug
on the old version too.

For us, "large" was somewhere in the 880-character range, although not
consistent when the message text changed. Again, same messages were fine
over Gtalk.