[OTR-users] Facebook blocking OTR

ix4svs at gmail.com ix4svs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 09:13:26 EDT 2012

On 14 April 2012 14:19, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
<snip>
> On 4/14/12 7:10 AM, ix4svs at gmail.com wrote:
>> Solved with the help of the good people of this list.
<snip>
> Facebook has not yet implemented processing of what in XMPP are called
> "IQ stanzas". This breaks a lot of things in XMPP, perhaps including
> OTR ID verification. (As I said, their implementation is incomplete.)

Following this thread I updated my writeup on using OTR with Pidgin for FB chat:

https://apapadop.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/stop-facebook-recording-your-chats/

Intended audience is home user, not technical expert, hence I try to
mask complexity and focus on motivation & functionality. With that in
mind, please let me know off-list for any inaccuracies that need
correcting.

Thank you for all your help so far,

Alex