[OTR-users] pidgin-otr installer unable to find pidgin on Windows

Gangadhar Nittala npk.gangadhar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:08:48 EDT 2010

Thank you for the reply Ian. I checked the registry and the pidgin key
is available here
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pidgin
And the (Default) key is set to the location of the pidgin
installation - C:\Users\username\program files\Pidgin

The HKLM (which IIRC) was the location for the earlier installations
doesn't seem to have the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\pidgin - doesn't exist.

I am not sure if this is something the pidgin folks changed recently.
Should I create an entry in HKLM\Software\pidgin identical to the one
in HKCU\Software\pidgin ? Would that be enough to install the plugin ?

Thank you
Gangadhar