[OTR-users] OTR Proxies and Empathy

Michael Holley michael at innerthought.us
Mon Jul 5 20:06:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've scanned the archives and haven't seen this idea really mentioned;
has there been talk of or a way to have an OTR proxy for use with
Empathy on Ubuntu?

Pidgin is a fine chatting client, but I like the look of Empathy better
and I like the integration with Ubuntu. Can I use the iChat OTR Proxy
for Mac with Empathy? I have a Mac mini on my network.

If the iChat OTR Proxy wont work (I use AIM, Facebook, and GoogleTalk)
then what libraries do I need to write my own proxy, most likely in Python?

Thanks for such a great product. I've been using OTR for several years
now and refuse to use a client that isn't capable of OTR encryption, in
some fashion.

--

Michael Holley

email: michael at innerthought.us | phone: 801.319.2008
aim/gtalk: michaelwholley | pgp id: C7ECD558