[OTR-users] pidgin-otr plugin on N900 : invalid length error

Warren Baird wjbaird at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 27 09:48:32 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Ian Goldberg <ian at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:

> I don't know what "optify" is supposed to do; is it a maemo thing?  But
> you seemed to indicate that the plugin *was* installable, but just
> didn't work.  The above message appears to say the package isn't even
> buildable correctly?

the N900 has very limited space in /usr - so properly built packages
for it put everything in /opt, and then create symlinks into /usr - a
process they call 'optification'.

I believe you are right that the package isn't buildable.

> In any event, I have no knowledge of maemo stuff.  Someone needs to
> follow up with that Jeff Moe person and/or the Maemo devs, I think.

I haven't tried done any real dev for the N900, but I can take a look
this weekend...  I do have pigdin on it, but only use it for IRC
normally...

Warren

--
Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca