[OTR-users] pidgin-otr plugin on N900 : invalid length error

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Wed Aug 25 17:17:25 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 12:10:13PM -0700, Michael Hoofdburg wrote:
> Hi,
> As I understand the guy who packaged it for the n900 stopped.http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba
>
> The versions for the OTR package for the N900:http://maemo.org/packages/view/pidgin-otr/
> __Version	Changes	Author	Date
> 3.2.0-8	* Don't optify:
>
>    echo none > debian/optify
>
>    Appears to break libs:
>
>    http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2010-January/023443.html

I don't know what "optify" is supposed to do; is it a maemo thing?  But
you seemed to indicate that the plugin *was* installable, but just
didn't work.  The above message appears to say the package isn't even
buildable correctly?

In any event, I have no knowledge of maemo stuff.  Someone needs to
follow up with that Jeff Moe person and/or the Maemo devs, I think.