[OTR-users] Authentication Errors

Ananda Samaddar ananda.samaddar at vfemail.net
Thu Mar 19 10:38:36 EDT 2009

Dan Bondarev wrote:
> Pidgin: 2.5.5
> otr: 3.2.0.1
> os: winxp
> protocol: ...not sure but it's aim connecting to
> login.messaging.aol.com:5190
> my friend has the exact same setup

Strange.  Depending on how technical you are there are ways to find out
what's going on.  The problem may well be on your friend's end though if
you say you've authenticated with a different contact before.  I've got
an AIM account if you want to email me off list and see if
authentication works.  I've got the same Pidgin and OTR versions as you.
  Also it would be helpful if you didn't top-post on a mailing list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_posting#Top-posting

Ananda