[OTR-users] otrproxy port-locked

Tree junk at chassit.com
Fri Jan 30 10:28:34 EST 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Ian Goldberg wrote:

> The .nsi file in the otrproxy tree suggests that the only .dll you
> should need at runtime is mingwm10.dll.  Is that the one yours is
> complaining about?  I think that indeed, we probably linked the other
> ones statically, by building them as .a rather than as .dll files.
> But I don't actually remember too clearly, unfortunately.

I'm testing by copying my newly compiled exe into an install directory
created by the "official" build.

"strip" worked fine on otrproxy.exe... cut it down to the expected 2 MB.

Now, the libraries... my mingw lib directory (/usr/i586-mingw32msvc/lib/)
has both dlls and static libs for the above libraries. My C++ skills are a
bit rusty, but I think the linking program/build needs to decide how to
link when it compiles...

It complained about libgrypt-11.dll and libgpg-error-0.dll.
I also get an assertion from (I think) wxWidgets on startup, but that can
probably be solved by doing a "release" build of wxWidgets...

Also, I don't appear to have a file called "mingwm10.dll" anywhere on my
linux system. It could be that this file should provide the same symbols,
but I haven't built it somehow.

Thanks,
-Tree