[OTR-users] otrproxy port-locked

Ian Goldberg ian at cypherpunks.ca
Fri Jan 30 10:15:20 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:07:34AM -0500, Tree wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Ian Goldberg wrote:
>
>> We built the windows version of otrproxy with the mingw compiler, not
>> cygwin.  And we actually did it on a Linux box, cross-compiling for
>> Windows.  And no one's looked at that code for years.  So I'm afraid I'm
>> at a loss to help, unfortunately.  :-(
>
> This is exactly the information I was looking for!
> Thirty minutes on my debian box, and I have a working build!

Good.  :-)

> For anyone searching this in the future, I'm using:
> libgpg-error-1.7
> libgcrypt-1.4.4
> libotr-3.2.0
> wxWidgets-2.5.5 (google for wxAll-2.5.5.tar.gz)
> otrproxy-0.3.1
>
> Add the following to the configure lines for the third party libs:
> --host=i586-mingw32msvc --prefix=/usr/i586-mingw32msvc
>
> For wxWidgets, follow the instructions in docs/msw/install.txt, and add
> the above.
>
> Compile the otr software with the exact configure command lines from
> their respective INSTALL files.
>
> Now, a couple more questions (details details...)
> - the executable is 24 MB, rather than the 2 MB in the official build
> - it complains about missing dll files. Was the official build statically
> linked?
>
> How do I change those things?

The .nsi file in the otrproxy tree suggests that the only .dll you
should need at runtime is mingwm10.dll.  Is that the one yours is
complaining about?  I think that indeed, we probably linked the other
ones statically, by building them as .a rather than as .dll files.
But I don't actually remember too clearly, unfortunately.