[OTR-users] Kopete and OTR

Ananda Samaddar ananda.samaddar at vfemail.net
Sun Jan 25 23:00:40 EST 2009

It's probably worth noting on the OTR website that the from KDE 4.1 onwards,
Kopete supports OTR 'out of the box'.  The list of OTR enable software still
refers to a the plugin as 3rd party, but is merged in the main KDE
distribution.

Also I had this sent to me by a KDE dev when I reported a bug w.r.t lack of
OTR in Kopete for Windows:

'I'm sorry but libotr depends so heavily on gtk libs that I'm unable to
compile it on windows - we then must build nearly all base gtk libs just for
this plugin.'

Is this really true?  That libotr depends on gtk?

thanks,

Ananda