[OTR-users] QQ is blocking OTR

Eliah Kagan degeneracypressure at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 22:54:53 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Ian Goldberg wrote:
> In recent libotr, it can be.  There's a file you can stick in your
> .purple directory (or whatever it's called on Windows; the directory
> where your otr.fingerprints and otr.private_key file live).
>
> It's called otr.max_message_size and you can put a line in it that looks
> like:
>
> proto_name<tab>mms<nl>
>
> So:
>
> prpl-irc        417
>
> (that's a tab between the prpl-irc and the 417).
>
> I don't know what the protocol name for qq is (prpl-qq, maybe?), but it
> should show up in your accounts.xml file.  Try a few values for the MMS,
> but from what you say, something in the 400-500 range is probably good.
>
> Of course, both of you have to be using libotr 3.1.0 or later.

It seems to me that it would be very appropriate for the default
behavior to take this into account, so that otr would work for QQ out
of the box. I know that this list isn't for feature requests, but this
issue seems more to be of a bug than of a feature absence--otr comes
by default in a non-functioning state for QQ. Should one of us submit
a bug report for this issue?

-Eliah