[OTR-users] QQ is blocking OTR

Ananda Samaddar ananda.samaddar at gmx.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 14:10:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:06:34 +0200
Gilles Gravier <gilles at gravier.org> wrote:

> Or maybe change the initial sequence to something random that is
> harder to identify with just pattern matching.

It might be worth someone else testing this to make sure it's
reproducible and not some quirk with my systems.

For my test I used two different QQ ids on two different PCs.  One a
Linux machine using Pidgin 2.5.0 + OTR 3.2.0 and the other a Windows
machine using Pidgin 2.5.1 + OTR 3.2.0.  It's worth noting that in
order to get QQ working properly in Pidgin for Windows you need to
uninstall the include gtk+ runtime and use a different version as
recommended in this bug report:

http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/6900

You can get a QQ id here:

http://signup.qq.com/

If anyone wants to test this with me, e-mail me off list.  My QQ id is:
858394729.  I certainly wouldn't recommend using the official QQ
software as it's infested with adware / spyware.

Ananda